Nicola Jayne Metcalfe
Lecturer in Criminology
School of Law and Policing
Nicola is a member of the Criminology Team within the School.
Nicola teaches on a variety of modules across our Criminology and Criminal Justice programme. She is the year tutor for 3rd Year undergraduates on the programme.
Prior to joining us, Nicola worked within a number of Criminal Justice settings throughout her employment career. She has also undertaken various voluntary roles, including serving as a Board of Visitor (now known as Independent Monitoring Boards) at HMP Lancaster Castle.
- LL.M Master of Laws (with distinction), University of Central Lancashire, 2018
- BA Honours Criminology and Criminal Justice (first class), University of Central Lancashire, 2015
- Lancashire Law School Prize for Outstanding Performance on the LL.M, 2018
- School of Education and Social Science Criminology Dissertation Prize, 2015
- Professor Barbara Hudson Award for an Outstanding Commitment to 'Doing Justice to Difference', 2015
- Gaynor Bramhall Prize for Perseverance and Commitment to Scholarship, 2015
- Justice and the Criminal Justice System
- Mental Health and the Criminal Justice System
- Member of the British Society of Criminology
- Member of the Society of Legal Scholars