School of Natural Sciences
Kev teaches across a range of modules for our Crime Scene Science team, with expertise in crime scene examination and photography. Kev is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Kev also teaches at post graduate level both in the UK and Internationally.
Kev arrived at the University in 2001 and was responsible for the design and implimentation of our BSc Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation course, of which he was Course Leader for 12 years. Kev has appeared in numerous TV shows including Beat the Burglar and has advised on many more. Kev has delivered Key Note presentations at International conferences and advised on several publications.
Kev’s expertise lie in the field of Crime Scene Investigation, however he has practiced his hobby – photography since the age of 5yrs old. Photography is also the primary method of recording a crime scene, so when the opportunity came along Kev was well placed to apply for employment as a Crime Scene Investigator, beginning his career initially in West Mercia Constabulary, then moving to Lancashire being based at Blackpool. Kev has been personally involved in the examination of every type of crime scene from minor assault through to serial murder. In 2001 Kev came to the University and was the BSc FSCI course leader for 12 years, developing it into one of the most successful courses in the school, after which he was the Forensic Science Continuous Professional Development Co-ordinator that involves the developing, administration and sometime delivery of a portfolio of courses.
- Academic Qualifications:
- MA Photography, University of Central Lancashire, 2012
- Diploma in Crime Scene Examination, University of Durham, 1997
- Diploma in Crime Scene Examination, Forensic Science Society, 1999
- Relevant Workplace Qualifications:
- Crime Scene Investigator Initial
- Crime Scene Investigator Continuation
- Crime Scene Manager
- Application of virtual reality technology for teaching and assessing students in crime scene scenarios
- Fellow of the Higher Education Society