Senior Lecturer Neonates
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Kath teaches across a range of courses. Kath's particular area expertise is in intensive care of the neonate.
Kath is currently course leader for Course Leader for the BSc (Hons) Neonatal Practice.
Kath was an Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner and has over 20 years in the clinical area providing care for the vulnerable infant and the family.
- RGN/RSCN RM
- Diploma in Professional Studies UCLan
- ENB405 Special & Intensive Care of the Newborn UCLan
- ENB998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice University of Salford
- BSc Neonatal Practice UCLan
- Specialist Practitioner UCLan
- MSc Health Studies University of Birmingham (ANNP)
- Extended & Supplementary Nurse Prescribing Manchester Metropolitan University
- Developmental Care of the Neonate
- Family Integrated Care in the NICU setting
Kath has limited experience in research however has been involved in small audit and research projects in the clinical practice area
- 2012 Poster Presentation: Audit of Inhaled Nitric Oxide (iNo) in the Lancashire & South Cumbria Network (Co-Author)
- 2015 “What’s on Your Mind?” North of England Neonatal Transport Clinical Governance Meeting
- 2015 NEST (Neonatal Education Skills and Training) -Comprehensive programme (Co Author)
- The 5th National Neonatal Simulation Conference