Dr Kamalavelu Velayutham
Kamala is a Senior Lecturer in our School of Management. Her research focuses on the application of digitalisation techniques and entrepreneurial orientation of supply chain in both manufacturing and service sector organisations. Recent research focuses on inclusion of PLAY in teaching across various programmes in UCLan.
Kamala collaborates with researchers in the UK and UAE. She presents papers at various conferences such as the British Academy of Management, Logistics Research Network, Advanced HE and engineering conferences. She has been invited for guest lectures in India and has spoken on a range of topics. These have included Frugal Innovation, Supply Chain Visibility, Supplier Relationship Management, and Teaching techniques.
Kamala started her career as a lecturer teaching computing modules at SRM University in India. She joined JISC CETIS as a learning technology advisor. Here, she focused on the application of Enterprise Architecture tools such as ArchiMate. She organised various workshops at various universities in the United Kingdom.
As a research fellow at South Manchester University Hospital, Kamala demonstrated the connectivity between the utilisation of resources and its impact on quality assurance procedures in practice through IT-based Balanced Scorecard.
Kamala's Ph.D. on Enterprise Resource Planning Systems in United Kingdom Higher Education Sector highlighted the gaps in supply and demand concepts, crisis management issues, dynamic government policies, operational difficulties of ERP at the university, Organisational behaviour after ERP implementation, Role of effective leadership and strategy behind ERP implementation, funding issues and Project Management factors associated with growth of the Higher Education at Micro and Macro levels.
She is also recognised as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and is a certified External Examiner from Advance HE.
- Ph.D., University Of Bolton, UK
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Bolton
- MSc in Business Information Technology Management, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) in Computer Science and Engineering, Madurai Kamaraj University, India
- Best Paper Award, Influence of ERP in Higher Education, Sultanate Of Oman, UAE
- Presenting papers in conferences/Guest lectures on SCM
- Creative Pedagogy in Teaching
- Digitalisation Techniques Modern Supply Chain
- Sustainability and Innovation in Supply Chain
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Advance HE
- Member of CILT, The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
Recent Research highlights include:
- Poster Presentation: Advanced HE - Teaching Learning Conference 2022 - "Playing for Results: bringing fun into the classroom"
- Security Enhanced IoT Model in Smart Logistics - ICSENGG 2022, University of Tokyo; Japan
- Entrepreneurial supply chain: Lessons from the gig economy and the pandemic - Logistics Research Network Conference; University of Warwick
- Seed corn Funding Grant at UCLan, 2021/2022 for research on inclusion of PLAY in Teaching with co-researcher Claire Ashworth
- CILT, The Chartered institute of Logistics and Transport