Joe works in Economics and International Business. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He is heavily involved with international partnerships in Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Chongqing acting as Link Tutor and Moderator. He teaches on a range of Modules. Recently coordinated and participated in a series of guest lectures online for UCL, Sri Lanka. He has been involved in validation events and is an external examiner.
Joe is currently developing two new modules for the Business School: Business Environments and Introduction to International Business. He is delivering modules in Chongqing, China, both face to face and online. He teaches the Accounting section of The Business Environment module, and Level 5 Global Environment of Business.
Joe worked in industry before he moved into academia. He worked for KPMG in Germany in Financial Accounting before returning to the UK and working as a Management Accountant in the National Health Service. He had a spell as a retail manager before joining Staffordshire University, where he began teaching. Over 25 years he has taught on a number of modules from Level 3 to Level 7. Joe is a member of LSBE Academic Standards and Quality Assurance Committee and also a member of LSBE International Strategy and UK Partnerships Group. Joe is interested in international culture and has taken students to China as part of the Journey to the East over the past few years.
- MA, Economics, Staffordshire University, 1996; BA (Hons) Economics and German; 1994.
- BU1306 - Introduction to International Business
- BU1108 - Business Environments
- EC2102 - The Global Environment of Business
- EC2401 - Business Economics
- BU3016 - Contemporary Issues in Business
- International Business Environments
- Economic Issues.
- Fellow of the Institute of Higher Education
- Member of International Association of Sports Economists.
- External Examiner, and Validation panel member.