Emad teaches a range of subjects including Research & Study Skills & English for Academic Purposes in addition to being an English Language Examiner. Emad has worked in several higher education institutions in the UK and overseas in both teaching and managerial positions. He holds a Master's degree in TESOL & Applied Linguistics; BA in English Language & Literature and other certificates such as CELTA; PCELT; TESOL; TOT; Leadership and management; Managing Talents; & Project Management.
As an International Student Support Tutor, Emad teaches Research and Study Skills at the School of Business and Enterprise. His duties includes teaching, tutorial guidance, research, examining, and curriculum development.
Emad started his career as a teacher of English before he was appointed Academic Supervisor at the British Academy in Egypt. Two years later, he worked for Effat University as an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Tutor & an IELTS Trainer for the British Council in KSA. While doing his MA TESOL & Applied Linguistics, Emad worked as an Arabic/English interpreter & an IELTS tutor in the UK before he was appointed Academic Manager for a school in Manchester where he found pleasure in management. Having completed his degree, Emad worked in different roles at different Higher Education Institutions: EAP Tutor - University of Salford Associate Lecturer in EAP - University of Central Lancashire Teaching Fellow in English for Academic/Business English - University of Birmingham International Student Support Tutor - University of Central Lancashire Emad attended several international and local conferences in teaching English to speakers of other languages & linguistics as well as business management and project delivery. He presented his research results about the characteristics of effective teachers in one of the sessions organized by the School of Languages at UCLan. He also wrote for IATEFL e-zine about his experience as an Online Teacher during the COVID19 pandemic.
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages & Applied Linguistics, University of Salford, 2018
- BA English Language & Literature, Zagazig University, 2012
- Project Management Principles, Practices & Systems, Anglia Ruskin University, 2020
- Leadership & Management, University of Michigan, 2020
- Teacher Trainer Certificate, Arizona State University, 2018
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, Cambridge University, 2015
- Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching, AMIDEAST, 2014
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, TEFL International, 2013
- Leading People
- Motivating & Inspiring Individuals
- Project Management
- Management & Leadership
- Committee Member of North Association for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- International Association for Teaching English as a Foreign Languages
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Association for Language Teaching