Emad is a TEFL-Q teacher who teaches a range of subjects including Research & Study Skills and English for Academic Purposes in addition to being an English Language and External Examiner & Dissertation Supervisor. Emad has worked in several higher education institutions in the UK and overseas in both teaching and managerial positions. He holds a Master's degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Applied Linguistics; BA in English Language and Literature and other certificates such as Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA); Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching (PCELT); Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL); (Trainer of Trainers) TOT; External Examiner Professional Development by Advance Higher Education; Leadership and management; Managing Talents; and Project Management.
As an International Student Support Tutor, Emad teaches Research and Study Skills at the School of Management. His duties includes teaching, tutorial guidance, research, examining, dissertation supervision and curriculum development.
Emad started his career as a teacher of English before he was appointed Academic Supervisor at the British Academy in Egypt. Two years later, he worked for Effat University as an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Tutor and an IELTS Trainer for the British Council in KSA. While doing his MA TESOL and Applied Linguistics, Emad worked as an Arabic/English interpreter and an IELTS Examiner in the UK before he was appointed Academic Manager for a school in Manchester where he found pleasure in management. Having completed his degree, Emad worked in different roles at different Higher Education Institutions: EAP Tutor - University of Salford Associate Lecturer in EAP - University of Central Lancashire Teaching Fellow in English for Academic/Business English - University of Birmingham International Student Support Tutor - University of Central Lancashire. Emad attended several international and local conferences in teaching English to speakers of other languages and linguistics as well as business management and project delivery. He presented his research results about the characteristics of effective teachers in one of the sessions organized by the School of Languages at UCLan. He also wrote for IATEFL e-zine about his experience as an Online Teacher during the COVID19 pandemic. He recently qualified as an External Examiner by Advance Higher Education.
As well as a Research and Study Skills Associate Lecturer, Emad is also an External Examiner and Dissertation Supervisor. Emad has an extensive teaching background and has acted as an Academic Manager at a Language School. As a qualified teacher, Emad taught at different Higher Education institution and schools in the UK and overseas. In addition to his Master's degree and other internationally recognized teaching qualification, Emad is currently studying a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (Learning and Teaching). The PGCAP (Learning and Teaching) aims to provide new academics with:
- Tools to help improve/enhance the quality of his teaching, learning support and assessment activities.
- Theoretical, conceptual and methodological bases for addressing his own personal and professional development within the context of his subject discipline.
- The clear benefit of recognised professional status (Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy)
The PGCAP (Learning and Teaching) is accredited by Advance HE (which incorporates the Higher Education Academy). Therefore, successful completion of all three level 7 modules enables Emad to be recognised as a Fellow of the HEA (FHEA).
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Applied Linguistics, University of Salford, 2018
- BA English Language and Literature, Zagazig University, 2012
- Project Management Principles, Practices and Systems, Anglia Ruskin University, 2020
- Leadership and Management, University of Michigan, 2020
- Teacher Trainer Certificate, Arizona State University, 2018
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, Cambridge University, 2015
- Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching, AMIDEAST, 2014
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, TEFL International, 2013
- Professional Development for External Examiner, Advance HE, 2021
- MD4058 - Research and Study Skills
- Academic Practice
- Leading People
- Motivating and Inspiring Individuals
- Project Management
- Management and Leadership
- Committee Member of North Association for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- IELTS Examiner for the British Council
- External Examiner - Advance Higher Education
- Dissertation Supervisor
- International Association for Teaching English as a Foreign Languages
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Association for Language Teaching