Hazel is the course leader for MSc Sustainability, Health and Wellbeing. In addition to leading and teaching on health, leadership and research modules across several MSc programmes, Hazel also supervises Msc dissertations and is a supervisor of doctoral candidates in both health and education projects. Hazel has a long-standing interest in online learning. Her own doctoral research highlighted the transformational potential of online programmes.
Hazel has been course leader for the innovative online MSc Sustainability, Health and Wellbeing since 2017. Online learning is ideally suited to a course with sustainability issues at the heart of its ethos. Hazel's expereince in online learning has led to presentations at several conferences, publication of a book chapter on the topic of Transformative education for sustainability: a model of online learning, and an invitation to contribute to HEFCE's Steering group panel for the development of postgrad student survey (PTES)
Hazel has a background of over 20 years in health care practice and has also provided education consultancy for Integrated Healthcare practitioners’ registering organisations. Her interest in practitioner development and education inspired Hazel’s research for her Professional Doctorate in Education which explored professional identity and the potential of online learning to foster transformative learning experiences. Hazel is an active qualitative researcher in online learning, health and wellbeing and community sustainability projects.
- EdD Doctorate in Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2017
- MSc Holistic approaches to Health, John Moores University, Liverpool, 2003
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (D3), University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- Certificate in Teaching Adult Learners (C&G 7307), 1997
- SEDA Award in Supporting Learning, University of Central Lancashire
- EH3102 Introduction to HE teaching, University of Central Lancashire
- Certificate in Higher Education Teaching Toolkit, University of Central Lancashire
- Health and Wellbeing
- Online learning