Deryck teaches on the Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation degree. He also teaches on other modules where his experience from his time as a CSI can be utilised, mainly in relation to major crime and disaster victim identification | Deryck has extensive experience, having worked as a CSI for 28 years, prior to joining UCLan | He was the Principal CSI and Head of Forensic Imaging for Lancashire Police.
As well as teaching primarily crime scene science, Deryck is also actively researching the use of of drones to identify clandestine burial sites, using a number of different multi spectral imaging solutions.
Deryck has a huge amount of practitioner experience, gained prior to joining UCLan. Since he arrived at UCLan, he has undertaken a Master of Science degree in Forensic Anthropology, he has been the Course Leader on the FSCI course and written and managed a number of modules through the second and third year.
- MSc Forensic Anthropology UCLan 2018
- Dip Crime Scene Examination Durham 2005
- FZ1034 - Crime Scene Science
- FZ1036 - Crime Scene Photography
- FZ2037 - Advanced Crime Scene Investigation
- FZ3038 - Crime Scene Management
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) and Multispectral Imaging