David currently undertakes a Management role that focuses on UK and International Recruitment. He has lived and worked across the Globe. He specialises in researching, designing, and delivering programmes in Intercultural Leadership/teams with a strong focus on Employability. David has a diverse portfolio of professional and academic qualifications. He has published works in Blended Learning, Employability and Intercultural Communication.
Currently David is a Manager in the School with a portfolio that includes, among other duties, recruitment of students from the UK and Overseas. He also works closely with Business helping them to develop their Intercultural acumen.
David has a strong belief in people. We are living in a time of great change, yet with such change comes great opportunities and responsibility. Developing ourselves and others can and will make a difference. He won't let a day go by without having a positive engagement with his students, clients, family and friends. All of us have seen the amazing benefits of having been part of developing someone to their full potential and this is what drives him.
He has had quite a ride so far. He has managed to pick up four degrees and is currently working hard to complete a Doctorate in Elite Performance specialising in Intercultural team work and leadership. He is a qualified Master coach, BPS accredited, and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He is also accredited in Belbin Team Roles and the Richard Lewis cultural model. He holds qualifications in delivering MBTI, 16PF, amongst others. His eldest son told him that he was more impressed with his Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award. You can't please everyone.... He has lived and worked in Japan, Greece, USA, Australia and the UK. He has travelled extensively, and enjoyed working and holidaying in Spain. He gets by in Spanish helped by the fact that his children are virtually bilingual. His specialisation is in the field of Intercultural Communication, coaching, employability, and Optimum leadership/ team building training. He also has a fascination in workplace psychology.
At UCLan he has taught on and developed a variety of programmes mostly in the area of International/Intercultural Communication. He has also delivered training with the Leadership Hub at UCLan especially in areas that include the MBTI and Belbin Team Roles. He is published, and has presented papers across the globe. He has also found time to undertake grant capture.
- Academic Qualifications:
- 2012 Ongoing Professional Doctorate in Elite Performance, UCLan, Preston
- 2008 Executive MBA with Merit, University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- 2006 MSc with Merit in Multimedia Computing, University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- 2005 University Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- 1998 MA with Merit in Teaching English for International Business University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- 1994 BA (Hons) Community and Youth Studies; Degree class 2:1, University College of St. Martins, Lancaster, Lancashire
- Professional Qualifications:
- 2015 16PF, Test User: Occupational, Ability, OPP, BPS accredited
- 2013 MBTI Step One, OPP, BPS accredited
- 2013 Belbin Team Roles Accredited Practitioner, Belbin Associates
- 2013 Accredited Cross Cultural Trainer, Richard Lewis Communications
- 2012 Coaching for Organisational Performance Level 7 Certificate, UCLan/PINNA
- 2011 Coaching for the Future Level Certificate Level 7 Certificate, UCLan/PINNA
- 2011 Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, SD2 (Standard descriptor 2)
- 1994 TEFL certificate
- 1994 Counselling Certificate (Developmental Counselling Frameworks CON)
- Effective Intercultural Teams in times of crisis.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- External Examiner