Charlotte teaches on specialist community programmes for post-registration health professionals within the School of Community Health and Midwifery. Her areas of specialism are public health and non-medical prescribing. She also supervises students undertaking Masters programmes in international safeguarding. As well as her teaching role, Charlotte also works as a healthy university advisor. This role focuses on the development and implementation of the university as a healthy setting, and the inclusion of health in all policies.
Healthy University is a university wide initiative that uses a public health approach and a range of activities to addressing health and wellbeing topics identified by students and staff. Supporting individuals towards a healthy lifestyle is a part of the HU, in addition the University of Central Lancashire recognises that organisational aspects such as policy development, staff support and training, health campaigns, services developments, research and curriculum links are also crucial.
The HU compliments and works alongside other strategies. The HU is a member of the Healthy & Sustainable University Group, chaired by Michael Ahern, the University of Central Lancashire Chief Operating Officer. This aims to connect the universities strategic plans related to health and sustainability. Linked to the Campus Masterplan Framework this group has written a set of Design Principles for consultants, architects and design teams to use to create healthy, safe, active and sustainable campus.
Charlotte has a background in public health and mental health nursing and has worked in diverse community-based roles including working with homeless people, refugees and asylum seekers, and children and families. Charlotte has also worked for a political organisation as a community organiser, developing leaders within communities to build power to meet their communities' needs.
- MEd Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- PGDip Professional Practice in Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2018
- PGCE Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2018
- BSc(Hons) Specialist Community Public Health Nursing, University of Cumbria, 2009
- NU4124 - Principles of Public Health and Social Policy
- NH4300 - Non-medical Prescribing
- NH4100 - Community Practitioner Prescribing V100
- Maths anxiety in adult learners
- Domestic abuse: impact on children
- Nursing and Midwifery Council