Professor Charlie Frowd
Charlie teaches on various courses within forensic psychology. He is the main lead for the EvoFIT composite system sold to police forces in the UK and overseas.
Charlie teaches on various courses within forensic psychology. His research is mainly around facial composites images. He supervises students at undergraduate and postgraduate level. He has published over 70 papers.
Charlie teaches and conducts research within forensic psychology, focusing mainly on facial composite construction and identification. He has developed UCLan's award winning EvoFIT composite system, and trains and supports police in its use. He interviews witnesses and victims of crime.
Charlie is a Chartered Scientist, a Chartered Psychologist and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
- Professor of Forensic Psychology, University of Central Lancashire, 2017
- Reader, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- Chartered Scientist, University of Central Lancashire, 2010
- Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, University of Central Lancashire, 2009
- PhD Psychology, University of Stirling, 2003
- M.Sc. Neural Computation. University of Stirling, 1996
- B.A. Psychology and Linguistics. University of Wales, 1995
- B.Eng. Electronic Engineering. Middlesex University, 1987
- BBC Focus award
- ESPRC impact award
- University Excellence award, UK Trade and Investment event, Tech World
- Three nominations with SET for Britain
- Praxis-Unico Public Service and Policy Impact award (Shortlisted)
- Times Higher award nomination for Research Project of the Year
- Facial composite construction and facial identification
- Face perception
- Cognitive interviewing techniques
- Eyewitness memory and performance
- Chartered Scientist
- Chartered Psychologist
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society