Professor Charalambos Charalambous
Bambos (short name for Charalambos) is an Honorary Professor at the School of Medicine and a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. He has a keen interest in Research as well as Teaching and Training. He uses various research methodologies to develop evidence that can be directly translated to clinical practice.
Bambos has published extensively in his areas of interest.
Along his clinical work as a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics, Bambos has developed an extensive research portfolio, having led and completed multiple research studies, as well as collaborating in national multi-centre trials. In addition, Bambos has supervised numerous trainees in carrying out Research at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Bambos oversees the training of undergraduate and postgraduate trainees, and has organised and delivered several orthopaedic courses for medical students and juniors doctors.
- BSc Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Manchester, 1995
- MBChB, University of Manchester, 1998
- MSc Orthopaedic Engineering, University of Cardiff, 2004
- MD, University of Manchester, 2009
- FRCS (Tr&Orth), 2007
- Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Member of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Member of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee