Bryan is an accredited psychotherapist with BABCP, a registered member of BACP, and an accredited EMDR practitioner. Bryan teaches across a range of subjects for Counselling and Psychotherapy and is the course leader for the MSC Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy and module lead.
Bryan is new to his role at UCLan but has many years experience in supporting the delivery of health related courses across a number of different academic settings and organisations. He has wide experience of the delivery of psychotherapy across a number of clinical settings and supporting those learning or developing the clinical practice though practice education and clinical supervision.
Bryan has worked in the NHS for 30 years prior to taking up employment with UCLan. He has worked with a wide number of complex clinical cases in such settings as community care and forensic inpatient settings. He has worked on research projects as therapist with motivational interviewing and Brief Psychodynamic Therapy. He is also experienced in the delivery of other therapeutic modalities including Compassion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Schema Therapy.
- MSc Psychosocial Interventions for Psychosis, Manchester University, 2009
- PG Diploma Promoting Equality and Managing Diversity, 2005
- PG Certificate in Management, University of Central Lancashire, 2000
- Certificate A12 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Salford, 1999
- Diploma in Nursing Studies , University of Central Lancashire 1996
- RMN (Mental Health Nursing), UCLan, 1993
- Awarded Regional Winner Parliamentary Awards 2019 for Equality and Diversity
- Hate Crime Strategy
- PTSD and Complex Trauma
- Covid-19 Resilience and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing and Mental Health in Employment
- Brief Psychodynamic Therapy and Self Injury
- Treatment of Personality Traits
- Accreditation British Association of Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP)
- Accreditation Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR Europe)
- Accreditation National Counselling Society
- Registered Member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists