We are proud to be a force for positive change, championing equality and enriching the lives of our learners, colleagues and the communities we serve. Any form of harassment, bullying or hate crime will not be tolerated and we are moving forward on preventing and addressing all such situations. Our ethos is respect for all. We believe it is our collective responsibility to make sure that everybody is treated equally, has equality of opportunity and feels as though they belong within the University. Our equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) statement sets out our ambitions in relation to EDI, ensuring fair treatment and opportunity for all.
Putting our plan into action
Our ongoing work will focus on the following four pillars:
In working towards these pillars, we commit to:
- Taking anti-discriminatory approaches that will foster a culture of real change.
- Taking a data-led approach to identifying where our key EDI challenges lie.
- Implementing long-term and real, sustained approaches to achieving our EDI goals, backed with appropriate resources to support initiatives.
- Calling out and challenging discrimination and inequality where we find it.
- Working with our people, learner body and wider stakeholders to advance and embed an enhanced inclusive culture and environment that allows all to understand, develop and flourish.
- Reviewing all goals by 2024 to ensure they remain appropriate and relevant.
Work is well underway in developing a whole institution approach to building sense of belonging for all and tackling inequalities here at the University.