Law (Foundation Entry)
Gain a broad introduction to the basics of law and criminology at one of the UK’s leading providers of legal education on our Law Foundation Entry Degree. It’s a great stepping stone to a degree programme.
Why study with us
- You’ll develop transferable skills in oral and written communication, language and digital technology, critical thinking, group work and personal development planning.
- You’ll be taught by leading academics and staff who are professionally qualified as solicitors and barristers and hear from professors who are involved in ground-breaking research.
- Our moot court room gives you invaluable real-life experience, it’s where we host mooting competitions, advocacy training and visiting speakers.
What you'll do
- You’ll study in small groups, in a friendly and supportive environment, that encourages you to meet your potential.
- There are plenty of educational trips including a Brussels’ based week-long study tour and visits organised by the Student Law Society.
- Our annual law careers fair is supported by employers from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to County Councils and solicitors’ firms.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
Law students gain trainee solicitor contracts
- This course is validated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the regulatory body for solicitors in England and Wales. They set the Principles and a Code of Conduct that professionals have to abide by in order to provide legal services.
- This course provides the first stage of training should you wish to go on to a career as either a solicitor or a barrister. It is validated by the Bar Standards Board, which regulates barristers and specialised legal services businesses in England and Wales.
With a Law Foundation Entry LLB (Hons) you can go on to the professional element of legal training either as a solicitor (the Legal Practice Course) or as a barrister (the Bar Professional Training Course).
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page