Our Filmmaking Foundation Entry course is ‘hands-on’, focusing on industry practices and conventions, developing transferable skills in the independent film markets.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for career prospectsGuardian University Guide (Film Production and Photography)
- 1stin the North West for overall scoreGuardian University Guide (Film Production and Photography)
- 2ndin the North West for NSS teachingGuardian University Guide (Film Production and Photography)
- 7thin the UK overallGuardian University Guide (Film Production and Photography)
- Our graduates regularly appear in the credits of major television and cinema releases and win awards at prestigious film festivals and the Royal Television Society.
- Previous guest lectures from people such as Jan Harlan (Stanley Kubrick’s Producer), Baldwin Li (Independent Film Producer), Sarah Miller (Screenwriter), Jonathan Stenton (Editor).
- Experienced teaching team with specialisms in independent short film, feature film, promotional work, documentary film, experimental work, animation, post-production, sound recording, and mixing and visual effects.
Discover cJAM Media, our networking event for students
Gallery01 / 04
What You'll Do
- We have a well-established track record of delivering successful media students, with three recent Royal Television Society (RTS) awards in as many years, and our graduates feature in many credits of major cinema and TV productions.
- You’ll have access to our purpose-built Media Factory and spend time in dedicated edit suites, Foley Studio, sound stage with greenscreen and motion capture facilities, recording studios, photography studios and television studio.
- You’ll also learn through film screenings, tutorials and technical workshops.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
A day in the life of Film & TV student
Studying Filmmaking Foundation Entry could lead to a career in film production, post-production, management, screenwriting or production design.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary