Education & Psychology
The way we develop and learn as children underpins our entire lifespan. Our BA Education & Psychology course will give you a sound understanding of Psychology in an educational context.
Why study with us
- You’ll spend part of your degree in our state-of-the-art psychology building, with its specialist video Child Observation Suite and Cognitive Laboratories.
- You’ll get the chance to undertake a placement in an educational environment in each of the three years of your degree.
- There are also opportunities to gain international work experience through the University’s Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership (CVCL), including modules accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Expand Your World at the University of Central Lancashire
What you'll do
- You could gain international work experience in your third year through modules created by the University’s Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership (CVCL).
- You could choose to take time out to spend a year teaching abroad with one of our international partners.
- There are opportunities to go on international trips; previously students have gone to destinations such as South Africa, Cyprus and China to study their education systems.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Our Education and Psychology graduates have gone on to enjoy a wide range of rewarding careers. Many work in public services with children and their families, carry out youth work, work in a teaching support role, or become a teacher (following a PGCE or other postgraduate teacher training).
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page