Our unique Doctor of Professional Practice qualification in Community Social Care Policy and Practice is delivered entirely online, offering you a flexible route into doctorate-level study. It’s aimed at current social work, care and community professionals who want to develop advanced research skills which will empower them to have a positive impact on practice and policy.
Why study with us
- This is the first course within the UK to deliver totally online doctoral study. Through various interactive online learning opportunities, you’ll develop your own supportive research community.
- Because it’s delivered totally online, you can work flexibly and fit the demands of this course around your everyday work and other commitments.
- In this course you make a contribution to both theory and practice in your field, and develop professional practice by making a contribution to professional knowledge.
What you'll do
- You’ll benefit from expert support from a selected supervisory team throughout the course. During the course you’ll get to engage with professorial staff who are international experts within their chosen field.
- You’ll benefit from the best and most contemporary research and professional practice to ensure that course content is relevant to your future career, or further studies.
- You’ll engage in developing original research that will have an impact on professional practice and/or policy, as well as theory.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Dr Jackie Williams is the Course Leader for the Doctor of Professional Practice (Dprof) Community and Social Care: Policy and Practice. She started her career as a health professional, working as a Children’s Nurse, Health Visitor and Midwife. She then progressed onto employment …
This doctoral qualification could enable you to move into academia or professional research as well as increasing your status and advancing your career within your professional field.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page