United States of America
The University of Central Lancashire welcomes students from the United States to join our growing community.
Please note the requirements below are indicative only
High School Diploma, plus High School Diploma/GED
Plus one from below:
- SAT 1050 from ‘Evidence Based Reading and Writing’ and ‘Math’
- ACT 20
- 1 AP College Board Exam at grade 3
- SAT Subject test at grade 600
- Dual/Concurrent Enrolment 1 class/3credits at grade B from an academic class
- Associate diploma/Associate degree/Junior degree holders (general or specialised with a pass.
Honours level classes, AP classes completed without taking the AP College Board exam or CLEP exams may be accepted on a case by case basis in place of the above. High School Diploma GPA 2.9+/4 may be accepted on a case by case basis in place of the above.
Minimum English Language Requirements
80%/3.0GPA High School Grade 11 English.
- 80% High School Grade 12 English.
- 2 English Classes/2 semesters of English at University.
- AP English Language or Literature grade 3.
- Standard English Requirements.
- We’ve been awarded the maximum 5 QS Stars (Excellent) for internationalisation. We’re proud to be a truly international university, with a thriving staff and student community of 38,000+ people from over 100 countries. We encourage all our students to become ‘global citizens’ and our courses open doors to worldwide career opportunities. We offer a welcoming destination to all our international students, providing them with the support they need to succeed in their studies. Our 5 QS Stars also reflects the opportunities we provide to enable students to experience other cultures; the success of our overseas campus in Cyprus; and our 120+ international partnerships with universities based in China, Malaysia, the Far East and beyond.
US Federal loans application process
If you are a new or current student who wishes to apply for a US federal student loan to study at the University of Central Lancashire, please read this information guide carefully before making your application. It is essential you read all documentation and follow the six step guide within the provided flowchart in the correct order in order to complete your application successfully.
Want to know what life is really like at the University of Central Lancashire? View on demand subject talks, accommodation info and access our facilities through our virtual experience platform.Start your virtual experience
How to apply
We welcome applications from all international students. For information and forms for undergraduate and postgraduate applications, please visit our how to apply section for international students.
For more information please contact: