The University of Central Lancashire welcomes students from Canada. We have a large number of Canadian students currently studying with us in the UK.

We're also proud that Canada is a popular choice amongst our own UCLan students wishing to study abroad for part of their degree, which we organise via our strong links with four Canadian partner institutions - Kwantlen Polytechnic University; Ontario Institute of Technology; University of Regina and University of Winnipeg.

Entry Requirements


Please note the requirements below are indicative only

Diploma / Associates Degree (1 - 4 years) with a Pass


High School Diploma (see province requirements below)

Alberta, British Colombia, Newfoundland and Labrador, North West Territories, Nunavut, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory:

High School Diploma/Certificate of Achievement/Certificate of graduation/Dogwood Diploma with 50% average across 5 grade 12 subjects.


High School Diploma with 50% average across 5 credits (some classes may be worth 1 credit or 0.5 credits) at Level 40 or higher (or AP/IB class).

New Brunswick:

High School Diploma with 50% or 60% across 5 grade 12 subjects


High School Diploma/Graduation Certificate with 50% average across 6 grade 12 subjects, at least four of which should be University Preparation Courses (denoted by 4U) (or AP/IB class). The other two courses could be University/College Preparation Courses (denoted by 4U/4M/4C) (or AP/IB class).


Students in government high schools in Quebec only do 11 years of High school then go on to do a Pre-university course.

Collège d'enseignement général et professionnel (CÉGEP) takes 2 years to complete OR Diploma of College Studies (DCS)/ Diplôme d'études collégiales (DEC) takes 3 years to complete.

One year of pre-university with an average of 60%.


Two years of pre-university with an average of 60% in year 2 (year 1 does not need calculated).

Our entry requirements will vary depending on the individual course and the year of entry and the below are indicative only. Any reference to typical entry qualification or grades stated on the website are provided as a guide only. There is no guarantee that applicants who have, or are predicted to achieve, grades equivalent to or exceeding typical entry qualifications or grade will be made an offer by the University of Central Lancashire.

Minimum English Language Requirements


Standard English Requirements IELTS 6.0

Acceptable equivalents below: (some courses may have higher English requirements)

75% High School Grade 11 English


65% High School Grade 12 English


3 credits English Class(es) at University or Community College


AP English Language or Literature grade 3

If your academic and/or English language qualifications are not sufficient to allow for direct entry to one of our undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes, you may wish to consider one of our Undergraduate or Master Foundation Programmes, offered at the University of Central Lancashire by ONCampus. Successful completion of this programme can guarantee entry to a wide range of programmes with us.

Please see our further information and guidance on our English Language requirements.


  • We’ve been awarded the maximum 5 QS Stars (Excellent) for internationalisation. We’re proud to be a truly international university, with a thriving staff and student community of 38,000+ people from over 100 countries. We encourage all our students to become ‘global citizens’ and our courses open doors to worldwide career opportunities. We offer a welcoming destination to all our international students, providing them with the support they need to succeed in their studies. Our 5 QS Stars also reflects the opportunities we provide to enable students to experience other cultures; the success of our overseas campus in Cyprus; and our 120+ international partnerships with universities based in China, Malaysia, the Far East and beyond.

Explore our university

Want to know what life is really like at UCLan? Take a tour of our accommodation and facilities.

View our campuses

How to apply

We welcome applications from all international students. For information and forms for undergraduate and postgraduate applications, please visit our how to apply section for international students.

Contact us

If you would like further detailed information about our activities in Canada, please contact us:

Hannah O’Donoghue, International Officer
Emily Page, Regional Manager
Telephone: +44 (0)1772 895029