Develop the skills you need for a successful career on our Quantity Surveying, BSc (Hons) - Degree Apprenticeship course, which complies with the academic requirements for membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Engage with the whole quantity surveying process.
Why study with us
- Located within one of the most intense engineering and manufacturing areas in the UK, our £35m Engineering Innovation Centre provides an integrated space for teaching, research and work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners.
- You will also study alongside students on the construction project management, facilities management and quantity surveying degrees, allowing you to share knowledge.
- Accelerate your progress and develop into a professional role as you combine study with work. The flexibility of the course will guide and shape your future career.
Discover our Civil Engineering courses
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
We are looking for able and motivated, high-calibre students from within UK or overseas.
This course will equip you with a thorough understanding of quantity surveying principles and practices. You’ll learn how to analyse data relating to land, buildings or construction, follow due diligence in providing advice to clients, make detailed inspections of buildings, land or construction and subsequently analyse information from your inspections of or visits to buildings, land and construction sites.
What you'll do
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of your profession and be ready to progress to higher managerial positions.
- There’s a strong focus on developing your individual employability and lifelong learning skills. You’ll be ready to apply them to the professional role of Quantity Surveying as defined by the RICS.
- Learn how to liaise with other professionals, negotiate contracts and prices and manage client instructions from engagement to completion.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
On successful completion of the course you will achieve full chartered membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
We offer a range of support and services to help all apprentices, but you may need a little extra assistance if you have been in Local Authority care and don’t have support from your parents. Find out more about our Care Leaver Bursary for our Degree Apprentice students.Find out more about Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- The programme is a great way to address skills and knowledge gaps in your workforce, retain and attract staff who want opportunities for professional development through a high-quality degree.
- Recruit from our pool of bright students with the core skills, knowledge and work-readiness to help contribute to your business.
- If your payroll is under £3m, you don’t need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy. However, you can get funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprentices. You only pay 5% - the government will co-fund the other 95% (up to the funding band maximum).
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page