Qualify as a Solicitor through our Solicitor Apprenticeship programme. Our LLB in Legal Practice degree provides you with the knowledge and opportunity to undertake the Solicitors Regulation Authorities (SRA’s) central Qualification Exams. The attendance detail is provided as full time this typically includes four days within your chosen law practice with one-day campus or online learning.
Why study with us
- Our Law programme is focused around developing your career. Throughout your degree, you’ll be presented with opportunities to maximise your personal development, solicitor competencies and, ultimately, become a qualified solicitor.
- Our Law courses are ranked 1st in the North West for individual support* (*Number of students per member of teaching staff) Guardian University Guide, 2021
- You’ll study in a highly practical learning environment, designed to develop your ability to deal with real-life legal situations, and get excellent individual support to maximise your potential and career aspirations. You’ll acquire transferable skills such as team working, numeracy, communication, presentation, IT, critical thinking and problem-solving.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship, you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
Jack Heyes – Solicitor Apprenticeship
Who is this course for?
This programme is for those who have not studied law before or only to the A-Level standard. The LLB course covers all areas of law required by the SRA in the Foundations of Legal Knowledge. It provides you with an opportunity to develop your work-based skills and behaviours – the ‘solicitor competencies’ – required of a solicitor in legal practice.
Overview and opportunities
- This course is for individuals aiming to become a Solicitor. You'll develop your ability to provide legal advice to clients by applying your legal knowledge, skills and commercial judgement to find a solution to problems. The programme operates within the requirements of the SRA’s Statement of Solicitor Competence.
- You’ll develop the full range of legal skills including; research, interviewing and advising, advocacy, negotiation, drafting, communicating orally and in writing, establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with clients and managing yourself and your own work effectively.
- You’ll develop the ability to act ethically with a high level of professionalism and judgement as a Solicitor. You'll have the opportunity to apply critical perspectives on law, policy and behaviour.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Apprenticeship standard prepares you to undertake the Solicitors Regulation Authority central Solicitor Qualification Exams (SQE 1 & SQE2).
Future careers and job role
By successfully completing the Solicitor Degree Apprenticeship you'll become a fully qualified solicitor.
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
We offer a range of support and services to help all apprentices, but you may need a little extra assistance if you have been in Local Authority care and don’t have support from your parents. Find out more about our Care Leaver Bursary for our Degree Apprentice students.Find out more about Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
Benefits to the employer
- The programme is a great way to address skills and knowledge gaps in your workforce. As well as retain and attract staff who want opportunities for professional development through a high-quality degree.
- If your payroll is under £3m, you don’t need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy but you can still get funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprentices. You only pay 5% - the government will co-fund the other 95% (up to the funding band maximum).
- If your payroll is over £3m, and you pay the Apprenticeship Levy you can utilise your funding contribution most effectively by signing up members of your own workforce to undertake a solicitor apprenticeship.