Develop the skills you need for a successful career on our Building Surveying, BSc (Hons) Degree Apprenticeship course. We take a hands-on, problem-solving approach, which engages you with the whole building surveying process. You’ll spend time in the local environment and on construction sites, gaining real-world experience.
Why study with us
- Located within one of the most intense engineering and manufacturing areas in the UK, our £35m Engineering Innovation Centre provides an integrated space for teaching, research and work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners.
- The academic content of the Building Surveying course is approached in a manner which will encourage and develop an awareness of the contribution you are able to make in the improvement of both your employer’s interests and your own career prospects.
- Our lecturers have practical experience and maintain close links to the profession and industry - and some of them are RICS Assessors of Professional Competence, geared-up to help you develop the skills you need to pass your Assessment of Professional Competence following graduation.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
We are looking for able and motivated, high-calibre students from within UK or overseas.
This course will equip you with a thorough understanding of building surveying principles and practices. Building Surveyors provide professional advice and recommendations to clients relating to land, property or construction.
You’ll learn how to manage client instructions from engagement to completion, liaise with other professionals, negotiate contracts and prices and analyse data relating to land, buildings or construction.
In addition, you’ll be taught about following due diligence in providing advice to clients, learn how to make detailed inspections of buildings, land or construction and consequently analyse information from your inspections of or visits to buildings, land and construction sites
What you'll do
- Accelerate your progress and develop into a professional role as you combine study with work. The flexibility of the course will guide and shape your future career.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and solve problems associated with the technological, economic and legal issues commonly encountered in building surveying.
- Combine classroom learning with real-world experience and learn from tutors with both research and industry expertise.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Combine classroom learning with real-world experience and learn from tutors with both research and industry expertise.
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
We offer a range of support and services to help all apprentices, but you may need a little extra assistance if you have been in Local Authority care and don’t have support from your parents. Find out more about our Care Leaver Bursary for our Degree Apprentice students.Find out more about Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- The programme is a great way to address skills and knowledge gaps in your workforce, retain and attract staff who want opportunities for professional development through a high-quality degree.
- Recruit from our pool of bright students with the core skills, knowledge and work-readiness to help contribute to your business.
- If your payroll is under £3m, you don’t need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy. However, you can get funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprentices. You only pay 5% - the government will co-fund the other 95% (up to the funding band maximum).
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page