This short course is mapped against the NMC standards for preparation of practice supervisors (2018). The workshop will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to supervise students in healthcare settings.
By the end of the workshop participants will have knowledge of:
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) standards for practice supervisors
- New curriculum and competency
- PAD document report writing and record keeping
- Learning theory and teaching skills
- Interprofessional working,
- Reflective practice linked to revalidation
- Accountability and governance
- Emotional containment for student and supervisor
- Supervising student with additional needs
- Coaching- skills of questioning and listening
- Escalation processes and courageous conversations
- Motivational interviewing skills- student empowerment
- Role modelling
- What’s next - annual update and revalidation
Level: Short course, CPD
Delivery: Online and distance learning
Study Mode: Part-time
Duration: One day
Start Date: The next start date of this programme is to be confirmed shortly
This course is for healthcare professionals who do not have an existing mentorship qualification and want to supervise students.
There is an additional one day practice assessor preparation workshop if you also wish to be a practice assessor.