Our Medical Education courses build skills in teaching, learning, and assessment in healthcare and education. The Curriculum Design short course provides the tools and techniques for curriculum development. All within contemporary healthcare education.
Why study with us
- Enhance your confidence and skills in medical and healthcare education, supervision, and assessment.
- Tailor your study to suit your healthcare context, educator role and career aspirations.
- Online delivery means you can fit your studies around your work and other commitments.
Key course information
Level: Postgraduate, Level 7
Study mode: Part-time
Duration: one semester (approx. 13 weeks)
Module code: M4123
Start dates: January
The course is taught online and tutorials can be scheduled to suit your work pattern.
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Discuss the key principles of curricular development in healthcare education
- Critically appraise different approaches to curricular evaluation in healthcare
- Show awareness of ethics and inclusivity in the design of curricula
- Develop a complete healthcare education programme relevant to practice
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
- The MSc/PGDip/PGCert Medical Education and its modules are accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. To qualify for full membership, three modules (including two from MB4105, MB4102, MB4104 & MB4123) will need to have been undertaken.
Future careers in Curriculum Design
Whether you are new to delivering medical education in your workplace, or an experienced educator, this short course can offer new skills furthering your expertise.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page