Would you like to build healthcare skills in teaching, learning and assessment of others? Integrate theory and practice of coaching and mentoring in medical education and healthcare settings.
Why study with us
- Enhance your confidence and skills in coaching and mentoring in medical education.
- Tailor your study to suit your healthcare context, educator role and career aspirations.
- Online delivery means you can fit your studies around your work and other commitments.
Key course information
Level: Postgraduate, Level 7
Study mode: Part-time
Duration: one semester (approx. 13 weeks)
Module code: M4122
Start dates: September
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the role of coaching and mentoring in medical education
- Identify learners needs and select appropriate coaching and/or mentoring strategies
- Contextualise coaching and mentoring within your own practice
- Critically reflect on and analyse your own coaching and mentoring skills
- The MSc/PGDip/PGCert Medical Education and its modules are accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. To qualify for full membership, three modules (including two from MB4105, MB4102, MB4104 & MB4123) will need to have been undertaken.
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
Future careers in Coaching and Mentoring
This is one of a suite of Medical Education courses. All designed to support healthcare professionals responsible for, or new to:
- Supporting students
- Supporting trainees
All focussed on educational institutions and workplace settings.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page