Are you a clinical educator or someone interested in teaching medical education? On our Medical Education: Assessment Design and Delivery course you'll look at a range of assessment methods. You'll focus on the purpose, design and delivery.
Why study with us
- Enhance your confidence and skills in assessment in medical education.
- Tailor your study to suit your healthcare context, educator role and career aspirations.
- Online delivery means you can fit your studies around your work and other commitments.
Key course information
Level: Postgraduate, Level 7
Delivery: Online (live sessions take place in the evenings)
Study mode: Part-time
Duration: One semester (around 13 weeks, involving around 200 hours work)
Module code: M4100
Start date: 29 April 2024
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Critically analyse the design and delivery of a range of assessment methods in healthcare education
- Critically evaluate the key principles of effective feedback
- Evaluate the factors influencing the processes and outcomes of programmatic assessment
- Appraise strategies for improving the reliability and validity of differing assessment methods
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
- The MSc/PGDip/PGCert Medical Education and its modules are accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. To qualify for full membership, three modules (including two from MB4105, MB4102, MB4104 & MB4123) will need to have been undertaken.
Future careers in medical education
This is one of a suite of Medical Education courses. They are designed to support healthcare professionals responsible for medical education in educational institutions and in the workplace. This can include teaching, assessing, and supporting students and trainees.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page