Our Certificate in Education (Further Education and Skills Sector) is a Level 5 nationally recognised qualification for teachers, trainers and tutors in the further education and skills sector.
Why study with us
- Opportunities to study and train to be a teacher at one of partner colleges across the North West.
- Enter a wide range of teaching roles, with opportunities for progression and promotion.
- Our course is well established and enjoys an excellent reputation in the further education and skills sector.
Expand Your World at the University of Central Lancashire
What you'll do
- Choose to train to teach at a North West college that suits you. Available colleges differ depending on whether you study full or part-time.
- Undertake your own project work on topics within teaching that have interest and relevance to your specialist subject and future career.
- Apply the latest thinking on teaching to equip you with the knowledge and skills to work in this exciting sector.
This course is taught face-to-face at our partner colleges.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Alternative initial teacher education courses
If you find that the CertEd isn’t for you, you might want to consider one of our other Initial Teacher Education courses:
Delivery: Partner College
Study mode: Full time or Part-time
Duration: 1 year (full-time) or 2 years (part-time)
Start date: September
Campus: Partner College
Full-time and part-time
- Blackburn College
- Hugh Baird College
- Wigan & Leigh College
- Preston College
- Furness College
- Lakes College West Cumbria
- Myerscough College
- St Helens College
The Certificate in Education (Further Education and Skills Sector) opens up a wide range of teaching opportunities across the sector. There are also opportunities to progress to higher levels of study, including a degree in education and some master’s degrees.
View the course facilities
As well as having access to the facilities and resources at your chosen partner college, you will also have access to facilities at UCLan, including the library and online resources.
Fees and funding
Please consult your chosen partner college(s) for more information about course-specific additional costs and optional costs.
There may be scholarships and bursaries available to support you at your chosen partner college(s). Please contact your partner college for more information.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page