Are you looking to lower your business carbon footprint?
Our MaCaW project is an academic/industry collaboration designed to assist Lancashire SMEs in overcoming the challenges and barriers in moving towards a low carbon economic model. We work with you and your business to implement low energy practices and processes to reduce your carbon burden as well as making cost savings. The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and delivered by the University of Central Lancashire.
How will it benefit your business?
We collaborate with you on the following:
- Increased energy efficiency within your SME and thereby reduce CO2e emissions
- Identify opportunities for product diversification into low carbon products
- Identify potential areas where low carbon technology can be used to reduce CO2e emissions
- Provide a 50% match funded grant for the purchase of low-carbon technology for eligible projects - value up to £15k (grant)
- Support the re-engineering of productive processes reducing your carbon burden
What will this involve?
We work with SMEs across sectors to identify and prioritise opportunities to improve energy performance. This is achieved through:
- Diversification of resources into low carbon goods
- Investment in low carbon technology
- The implementation of energy efficiency measures (energy plans),
In integrating Life Cycle Thinking (LCT) with the Green House Gas Protocol, we assist you to manage and report your emissions effectively. This will help Lancashire to reduce its overall carbon emissions and contribute to the UK carbon target.
Who is it for?
We work with businesses who are Located in the Lancashire region, employ 250 employees or less and either have an annual turnover that is equal to or less than 50million Euros or a balance sheet total that is equal to or less than 43million Euros