Samantha teaches across a range of subject areas for our BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion team, with expertise in a variety of styling disciplines for visual communication. In recognition of her contributions to teaching, Samantha is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
As a lecturer Samantha is part of a team, who are responsible for introducing students to the wider subject of fashion and lifestyle styling and promotion, and developing their skills over the duration of the course. She is the year lead for the 2nd year styling pathway and acts as the academic advisor for the students on that pathway. Samantha also teaches both final year styling and promotion pathway students. Further to this she supports Fashion Design final year students, consulting on their final collections. She also plays an active role in the organising of external events such as: Graduate Fashion Week.
After graduating with a first class degree in Fashion Promotion with Styling, Samantha started her career within the fashion styling industry by moving to Paris to work, with internationally renowned creatives predominantly for editorials featured in POP magazine. After this she continued her styling career in London, working for magazines such as Paris Vogue, Garage, Arena Homme, POP and Purple. Samantha also worked on consulting for brands such as ACNE Studios, Aquascutum, Missoni and Rag & Bone. This included seasonal fashion shows at London, Milan and New York Fashion Weeks, campaigns and moving image. Samantha continued her education achieving a MEd in Professional Education, she focused her studies on assessment of creative practice specifically in relation to the creative outputs achieved on courses such as Fashion Promotion/Fashion Communication.
- MEd Professional Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- PGC Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2017
- BA (Hons Fashion Promotion with Styling, 2012
- BTEC in Fashion and Clothing, West Herts College, 2008
- ND in Promotion and Point of Sale, West Herts College, 2006
- The impact social media/digital media has on image making
- Fashion Film
- Teaching and Assessment of Creative Practice
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy