Principal Lecturer, MPharm Course Leader
School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Louise works as a Principal Lecturer for Pharmacy Practice within the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences. She is Course Leader for the MPharm programme, as well as pre-registration co-ordinator for MPharm students.She also undertakes locum work as a community pharmacist.
Louise teaches across all four years of the MPharm programme, and liaises with colleagues across the School involved in its delivery. She is responsible for ensuring that the course meets the required standards by the General Pharmaceutical Council, the external accrediting body, which is responsible for the regulation of all MPharm degree programmes. Externally, Louise is a Question Writer for the General Pharmaceutical Council's registration assessment, and is co-editor for two recently published textbooks - Calculations and Pharmaceutics in Practice, and Pharmacy Practice (6th edition) Louise is currently completing a Masters of Education in Professional Practice at UCLan.
Priorr to joining academia, Louise worked as a pharmacist for Boots the Chemists in various locations, as well as holding positions in pharmacy and store management. She joined Liverpool John Moores University in 2002 as a Boots Teacher Practitioner, and joined UCLan in March 2008. During her time at UCLan she has held a variety of positions. She led on the development of the Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy Practice, and was Course Leader for this programme for several years. Louise was part of the team that successfully gained the full 6 years’ accreditation from the General Pharmaceutical Council in 2016 for the MPharm programme, and is now the Course Leader for this degree. She is also Principal Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice and works closely with colleagues who deliver the MPharm course. She gained her Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy in 2011, after completing her Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education Research and Evaluation, Keele University, 2018
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2010
- Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Pharmacy for Community Pharmacists, De Montfort University, 2003
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacy Pharmacy, Liverpool John Moores, 1997
- Pharmacy practice
- Pre-registration training
- Integrated curriculum
- Registered pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Use the links below to view their profiles: