Dr Jioji Tabudravu
Dr Tabudravu is a natural product chemist and teaches for our organic, forensic science, and anaytical chemistry teams. Dr Tabudravu also supervises postgraduate projects on analytical, and natural product drug discovery subjects.
Dr Tabudravu has published widely in natural product drug discovery from marine macro- and micro-organisms including marine sponges, tunicates, and associated bacteria and fungi as source of new compounds against cancer, Alzheimer's disease, and antibiotic resistant bacterial strains using tools such as modern chromatography, advanced MS, 1D & 2D NMR techniques, computer assisted structure elucidation (CASE), and integrated database systems.
Dr Tabudravu was a Head of Science Department at a medium to large High School in rural Fiji where he worked with students coming from poor economic backgrounds helping them to realize their dreams. He organised two awareness symposiums in rural Fiji to help rural dwellers coped better with changes in society. He also helped built a farmers' market in this rural community to help people in transition from subsistence to market economy. Dr Tabudravu was a also member of the chemistry teaching team at the University of the South Pacific (USP) in Fiji interacting with students from 12 different countries in the South Pacific region before joining University of Central Lancashire.
- PhD Natural Products Chemistry, University of Aberdeen, 2001
- MSc Organic/Analytical Chemistry, University of the South Pacific, 1996
- BSc Chemistry/Biology, University of the South Pacific, 1992
- Dip Ed. Mathematics/Science, University of the South Pacific,1982.
- Gold Medalist for Best Science Thesis, and postgraduate distinction, University of the South Pacific, 1996
- Double Gold Medalist for distinction in Science, and Biology, and awarded the Chemistry Ajax Prize for distinction in undergraduate chemistry, University of the South Pacific, 1992.
- FZ3023 - Advances in Forensic Chemistry
- FZ4601 - Separation Science and Mass Spectrometry
- FZ2023 - Forensic Chemistry
- FZ2803 - Chemical Concepts: Developing Molecular Materials
- FZ2804 - Molecular and Separation Science
- FZ4603 - Molecular Spectroscopy
- FZ4802 - Applications in Synthesis & Molecular Modelling
- Drug discovery from marine sponges, tunicate, bacteria , fungi
- Mass spectrometry, and 1D & 2D NMR
- Journal Reviewer for MDPI
- Royal Society of Chemistry