Jennifer is a clinical skills lecturer within the School of Medicine. Jennifer has a wide range of health care experience and is responsible for teaching the practical skills required for undergraduate medical and physician associate students. Jennifer is a member of the Royal College of Nurses and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Jennifer teaches clinical skills in the MSQC module for early years medical students. She has implemented several operational improvements to the clinical skills module including the creation of small group registers and academic staff champions for exams. Along with improving the clinical skills modules Jennifer leads the simulation sessions and A-E assessment lectures for the early years undergraduate medical and physicians associate students. These sessions include exposure to the University of Central Lancashire’s high-tech simulation lab and opportunity for students to experience a clinical emergency whilst in a safe learning environment.
Jennifer has a wealth of NHS experience and is passionate about patient care and improving outcomes. She has always enjoyed clinical teaching whilst in her various nursing roles including cardiac catheter laboratory and theatres. Jennifer brings many transferable skills from her time in the NHS and enjoys sharing her knowledge and experience with the students to enrich their learning experience. She has an interest in human factors and hierarchies within health care settings along with student integration into healthcare environments. Jennifer is involved with the annual Lancashire Science Festival and enjoys running various learning activities each year. Jennifer has organised several cross site trips to various UCLAN campuses for the early years students and has teaches and examines early and clinical years students throughout their 5 years at the university.
- PGCert Medical Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- BSc (Hons) Professional Practice, University of Central Lancashire, 2018
- DipHE Nursing, University of Central Lancashire, 2014
- DipHE Psychology, Sheffield Hallam University, 2008
- University of Central Lancashire - STAR award - Colleague of the year - nominee
- Clinical examination
- Hierarchies in healthcare
- Surgical safety checklists
- Fellow - Higher Education Academy
- Royal College of Nursing - Member
- Nursing and Midwifery Council - Registered Nurse