Daniel is an Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) and Clinical & Work-based Skills Facilitator. He teaches the Medical Skills & Quality Care module to Phase 2.
Daniel is passionate about providing acute and emergency care skills to medical students as well as a range of additional clinical skills across Phase 2. He goes in to clinical placements to provide guidance and assessment to medical students as well as supporting their well-being and welfare.
Daniel graduated from us in Operating Department Practice BSc (Hons). He worked at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust as an ODP across a range of surgical specialties, with a predominant focus on Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Breast as an Anaesthetic ODP. Daniel was one of the link practitioners for transfers of acutely unwell, delivering teaching and training on transfer ventilators. Daniel was additionally the link resuscitation practitioner, working with the Resuscitation Officers to introduce changes in clinical practice within the theatre environment within Burnley General Teaching Hospital.
Before moving to UCLan as full-time, Daniel worked part-time within clinical practice as well as part-time, before joining us full-time in 2022.
- BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- Education & Training (6502-31), City & Guilds, 2021
- Resuscitation & management of acutely unwell patients
- Human factors including neurodiversity within health care professionals
- Health and Care Professionals Council - Operating Department Practitioner
- Association for the Study of Medical Education, 2021, Behind the Score Sheet: Improving student understanding & performance in OSCEs through domain transparency