Angie specialised in teaching surface pattern design and three dimensional constructed textiles at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She also undertakes a Student Experience Lead role as part of the management team for the school. Angie is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Her areas of creative interest are pattern and time in geological forms, as well as the therapeutic aspects of craft practice. She is investigating the use of stitch on three dimensional objects as a form of glimpsed mindfulness.
Angie has over twenty years of teaching experience teaching art, design and textiles. She is particularly interested in how each creative maker continues to adapt and learn as reflective practitioners.
- PGCE Art and Design, Lancaster University (St. Martin's College), 2001
- MA Design, University of Central Lancashire, 2000
- TI2011 - Introduction to Pattern
- TI2012 - Surface Design
- DE4107 - Design Practice 1
- DE4108 - Design Practice 2
- DE4314 - Advanced Practice in Surface Pattern & Textiles
- Pattern, time and geology
- 3D mindful stitch
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy