Dr Abass Alhassan
Dr. Alhassan has more than a decade of experience teaching Gross anatomy and Embryology/Histology to undergraduate and graduate level students in Medicine and Biomedical science. His true passion is teaching and helping students learn through problem-based learning and Team-Based Learning techniques. He is a Fellow of the West African College of Morphology and a member of the International Association of Medical Science Educators
Dr. Alhassan is currently the lead for the Embryology/Histology module in the Postgraduate Diploma in International Medical Science programme at the school of medicine where he deliver content to students based on the United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE®) curriculum.
Before joining Uclan, Dr. Alhassan served as Head of the Anatomy Department at the School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) University for Development Studies in Tamale, Ghana where he oversaw the design and delivery of anatomy content to undergraduate medical students for 10 years. His time at SMHS included leadership positions on numerous academic and faculty committees, including the Curriculum Committee, the Executive Committee and the Academic Board of the University. He was a lead collaborator in the establishment of The Pennsylvania State University, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi and University for Development Studies Collaborative Research Consortium (PKUCRC) in Ghana.
- PhD Pharmacology & Anatomy, KNUST, 2012
- Mphil Biological Science, KNUST, 2009
- BSc. (Hons) Medical Laborartory Technology, KNUST, 2003
- Best Faculty of the semester in the Celebration of Academic Excellence - AUC, School of Medicine- September 2020
- Best Faculty of the semester in the Celebration of Academic Excellence - AUC, School of Medicine- February 2021
- International Association of Medical Science Educators
- International Federation of Associations of Anatomists
- Fellow of West Africa College of Morphology