The STAR programme is run by our Student Wellbeing Ambassadors. They a host a summer program of events and activities guiding you through the start of your UCLan journey, giving you an introduction to student life at UCLan.
The programme typically runs in August and September. STAR gives you the opportunity to take part in student-led workshops and events.
The Ambassadors are all current students with specialist knowledge and training, and they know how valuable a friendly face can be, particularly when getting used to a new environment.
What's on during the event?
Weekly campus workshops
Our ambassadors host student life talks, supported campus tours and bespoke service workshops.
On our last STAR programme, our workshops included:
- Exploring ‘Your future self’ through art.
- Introduction to WISER: Our dedicated service to support you in the development of your academic skills.
- UCLan Library: Explore our library facilities, get an understanding of the library catalogue with one of our specialist librarians.
- Introduction to Student Support, the gateway to all student support services.
- Introduction to our Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing (CMHW) support services.
Ambassador buddy programme
On the programme you'll meet with a Student Wellbeing Ambassador Buddy either online or on campus. We will work with you to set goals and objectives to help you feel fully prepared for September.
The Student Wellbeing Ambassadors are a team of current students who have received specialised training to support all UCLan students.
Your buddy guides you through different weekly themes to help prepare you for university life.
Online Facebook group
The ambassadors run regular Q&A sessions to help put you at ease. A private invitation is sent to everyone who registers for the event when it is available.
See what our events are like01 / 06
Hear from students who attended
I had an amazing time. I loved talking to everyone and learning about the area. I wasn't sure how I would feel moving so far from home. But honestly, now I can't wait to be able actually come down and call it home for a while