Business and Management
The future calls for sharp minds, not sharp suits. Shaped by the latest research, professional practice and innovative business insight. Our Business and Management degrees offer international study trips and paid work placements.
More than ever, our societies need inspiring leaders with fresh ideas and new ways of thinking. We’ll help you develop into the kind of modern, responsible leader that others look up to and want to work for. The kind of leader who wants to make the world a better place.
Meet BA (Hons) International Business student Jess. Jess spent a year studying abroad at Missouri State University. She also worked as an intern in the Missouri State Athletics Department’s marketing team, and even volunteered at the Super Bowl.
Beyond Business – Meet Chantelle
Get to know us
Attend our Open Day and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences, speak to academics and get a feel for life at UCLan.Book an Open Day
A day in the life
We encourage you to have ambitions that extend beyond any board room and make a positive impact on more than the bottom line. When you study with us you’ll experience real success by achieving real results in the real world.Discover a different world of business
Why choose us?
- Our Business and Management courses are 1st for student satisfaction in the North West. The Complete University Guide - subject ranking 2022.
- You'll have plenty of opportunities to gain practical experience. Whether it's on a paid work placement, short-term internship or a live student project.
- Our HRM programmes focus on the management and development of people at work. They're accredited by The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The Institute of Research into Work, Organisations and Employment (IROWE) are based in the School. You'll have the opportunity to attend seminars and workshops giving you access to current research on a wide range of topics.
What can I do with a business and management degree?
Opportunities for our graduates are vast. Some of our graduates go onto graduate schemes within renowned organisations. Others find roles such as managers and team leaders within many businesses. Others use the skills, knowledge and links they have acquired to start their own businesses.
Studying business and management could lead to these future careers:
- Project manager
- Business adviser
- Chartered management accountant
- Business analyst
- Supply chain manager
- Business development manager
Explore the facilities
Take the next step
Study a degree at UCLan
Interested in studying a degree with us? From exploring accommodation to visiting us at an Open Day, find out everything you need to know about life at UCLan.