More than ever, our societies need inspiring leaders with fresh ideas and new ways of thinking. We’ll help you develop into the kind of modern, responsible leader that others look up to and want to work for. The kind of leader who wants to make the world a better place.
Meet BA (Hons) International Business student Jess. Jess spent a year studying abroad at Missouri State University. She also worked as an intern in the Missouri State Athletics Department’s marketing team, and even volunteered at the Super Bowl.
Beyond Business – Meet Chantelle
The course covers business and management but applies the theory to the international environment, making it really engaging and challenging. Following graduation, I have been accepted by Missouri State University to do my MBA, where I studied as part of my exchange programme.
A day in the life
Why choose us?
- Business and Management Studies is ranked 1st in the North West for graduate prospects (on track) and 1st in the North West for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2024)
- Our Business Studies courses are ranked in the top 10 in the UK for overall positivity and teaching on the courses (National Student Survey, 2023) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- Our Management Studies courses are ranked in the top 10 in the UK for overall positivity and academic support (National Student Survey, 2023) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
What can I do with a business and management degree?
Opportunities for our graduates are vast. Some of our graduates go onto graduate schemes within renowned organisations. Others find roles such as managers and team leaders within many businesses. Others use the skills, knowledge and links they have acquired to start their own businesses.
Studying business and management could lead to these future careers:
- Project manager
- Business adviser
- Chartered management accountant
- Business analyst
- Supply chain manager
- Business development manager
Explore the facilities
Meet the team
Claire teaches across a range of programmes within the human resource management and leadership division, specialising in leadership, coaching and mentoring and organisation culture. Claire is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Pe…
Douglas has worked at the University of Central Lancashire since 2011 teaching in the area of human resource management. His research interests include industrial relations, trade unions and lean systems of work. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personel and Developme…