Public engagement is a key component of the modern academic's portfolio. Increasingly, research funders expect that engagement takes place during the research lifecycle. This may be through co-creation of research, dissemination of research outputs or outreach activities.
Engaging with the public
The public engagement team can support the integration of engagement activity within research, for example:
- Facilitating links between researchers with external stakeholders and the wider public.
- Supporting the development and delivery of engagement projects, including sourcing funding.
- Sharing opportunities for training and professional development in engagement skills.
- Promotion of engagement events.
- Or just discussion of your ideas.
To contact a member of the team email the Engage team.
Visit the current opportunities page to find out how to get involved with the research and learning. You could participate in research, talk about your life experiences to students, or represent your business community.
Our public engagement research focuses on the impacts of widening participation and public engagement activities, in both science and access to higher education more widely. Recent publications include: