Nominations now open for the 15th GLL Preston Sports Awards
Preparations are well underway for one of the most popular events on the Preston sporting calendar.
The 15th Annual GLL Preston Sports Awards, now organised by staff from the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), will be held on Friday 20 March at Preston North End’s football ground, with both new and existing sponsors involved in the event.
"UCLan is honoured and privileged to be associated with such a flagship event for the city."
At this week’s official launch event for the GLL Preston Sports Awards, organisers heard from previous award winner Zuleikha Chikh, Volunteer of the Year 2019. Zuleikha, who is a UCLan sport business management student, gave an insight in to how she became listed in the top 30 ‘Muslim women in sport’ 2019 Powerlist, which incorporated woman from across the world.
Jimmy Khan, Lead for Sport and Community Development at UCLan, said: “UCLan is honoured and privileged to be associated with such a flagship event for the city. The University has been involved with the Preston Sports Awards as a sponsor for many years. It is with great pride that this prestigious event now sits with UCLan whilst being delivered in partnership with the Preston Sports Forum. The application process is now open, we anticipate a flood of nominations being submitted. To avoid disappointment, get your nominations in quickly.”
At the 2020 GLL Preston Sports Awards, there will be 13 awards up for grabs. Nominations are being accepted until 8.00pm on Monday 17 February.
The categories include:
- Coach of the Year* (aged 16 plus) - Sponsored by Porsche Centre Preston
- Sports Club of the Year - Sponsored by The Flower Bowl Entertainment Centre
- Volunteer of the Year (aged 14-24 years) - Sponsored by Frank Whittle Partnership Ltd
- Volunteer of the Year (aged 25 years plus) - Sponsored by Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership.
- Young Achiever (Under 21 years) - Sponsored by Millers Taxis
- Achievement Performance of the Year Senior (18 years and over) -Sponsored by Real Care Support
- Sport for All award - Sponsored by Preston City Council
- School of the Year Primary School - Sponsored by Go Velo
- School of the Year Secondary School - Sponsored by Preston Marriot Hotel
- Community Club of the Year - Sponsored by Ambulant Physiotherapy Ltd
- Higher/ Further Education Team of the Year - Sponsored by Ashton Joinery
- Special Recognition/ Service to Sport - Sponsored by University of Central Lancashire
- Lifetime Achievement - Sponsored by Wallwork Nelson and Johnson Chartered Accountants
The organisers would like to thank all category sponsors, the trophy sponsors Surridge Sport, and VIP reception sponsors Preston North End Community and Education Trust.
Nomination forms and available by emailing email@example.com.
The nomination deadline is 8.00pm on Monday 17 February and all completed from should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, ring Kate Youngman on 01772 895719.
Tickets for the event cost £25 each (normal surcharges apply) and available to buy from 30 January 2020 at the UCLan online shop.
Ticket sales close on 12 March 2020 and are non-refundable.