Digital & Technology Solutions
Digital and Technology Solutions professionals create technology solutions for businesses. If you can help a business to develop new products and services, you’ll also increase their productivity.
You’ll learn to provide technology enabled solutions to clients or customers in a range of areas including software, business and systems analysis, cyber security, data analysis and network infrastructure.
This programme is delivered at our Burnley Campus in Pennine Lancashire. You’ll benefit from small class sizes and a friendly, supportive learning environment.
Why study with us
- Our taught modules are delivered in a computer lab equipped with high-end PCs – you’re able to create a custom virtual environment to suit your individual needs.
- Our course is delivered using a day release model at our Burnley Campus in the Autumn and Spring semesters. During the Summer, practical work-based project modules are carried out.
- Our assessment is through a blend of practical and theoretical project work, with in-class tests, written assignments, reports, interviews, presentations and some formal examinations.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
Our programme is for future Digital and Technology Solutions professionals.
On this course you’ll become a confident, competent and capable independent Technology Solutions Professional, able to operate in a range of related roles.
What you'll do
- You’ll solve problems relating to the development and use of digital technology.
- Learn how businesses exploit technology solutions, and evaluate and apply project management techniques.
- You’ll benefit from valuable on-the-job experience, whilst also accessing academic learning.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit our Burnley Campus
Come and discover why our Burnley Campus is the perfect place for you at our upcoming Study and Apprenticeship Event in July. You can ask current students about their experiences, talk to academic staff and discover our facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
Considering a Degree Apprenticeship?
If you're considering a degree apprenticeship route for your studies, you can chat to our current students to find out more about your chosen subject and life studying with usFind out more
If you enrol on to this course, you’ll select a specialist pathway related to your job role. We’ll give you access to undertake Microsoft Technology Associate exams and become a part of our Cisco Network Academy.
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Apprentices follow an approved study programme, which means they’ll gain a nationally-recognised qualification at the end of their apprenticeship.
They’ll study a broad range of skills and knowledge that can be applied to their professional practice.
Benefits to the employer
- The programme is a great way to address skills and knowledge gaps in your workforce, retain and attract staff who want opportunities for professional development through a high-quality degree.
- If your payroll is under £3m, you don’t need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy. However, you can get funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprentices. You only pay 5% - the government will co-fund the other 95% (up to the funding band maximum).
- Recruit from our pool of bright students with the core skills, knowledge and work-readiness to help contribute to your business.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page