Digital and Technology Solutions professionals create technology solutions for businesses. If you can help a business to develop new products and services, you’ll also increase their productivity.
Why study with us
- Our taught modules are delivered in a computer lab equipped with high-end PCs – you’re able to create a custom virtual environment to suit your individual needs.
- Our course is delivered using a day release model at our Burnley Campus in the Autumn and Spring semesters. During the Summer, practical work-based project modules are carried out.
- Our assessment is through a blend of practical and theoretical project work, with in-class tests, written assignments, reports, interviews, presentations and some formal examinations.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
Our programme is for future Digital and Technology Solutions professionals.
On this course you’ll become a confident, competent and capable independent Technology Solutions Professional, able to operate in a range of related roles.
What you'll do
- You’ll solve problems relating to the development and use of digital technology.
- Learn how businesses exploit technology solutions, and evaluate and apply project management techniques.
- You’ll benefit from valuable on-the-job experience, whilst also accessing academic learning.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
If you enrol on to this course, you’ll select a specialist pathway related to your job role. We’ll give you access to undertake Microsoft Technology Associate exams and become a part of our Cisco Network Academy.
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
We offer a range of support and services to help all apprentices, but you may need a little extra assistance if you have been in Local Authority care and don’t have support from your parents. Find out more about our Care Leaver Bursary for our Degree Apprentice students.Find out more about Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- The programme is a great way to address skills and knowledge gaps in your workforce, retain and attract staff who want opportunities for professional development through a high-quality degree.
- If your payroll is under £3m, you don’t need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy. However, you can get funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprentices. You only pay 5% - the government will co-fund the other 95% (up to the funding band maximum).
- Recruit from our pool of bright students with the core skills, knowledge and work-readiness to help contribute to your business.
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page