Learn the skills you need for a successful career in Architectural Technology, our degree apprenticeship complies with academic requirements for the membership of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
Why study with us
- Strong focus on building adaptation – working on existing building as well as new builds.
- Gain multi disciplinary skills by studying and sharing knowledge with students on the construction project managing and building surveying degrees
- Accelerate your progression to becoming an Architectural Technologist as you combine study with work.
Discover our Architecture courses
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
Are you a problem solver with a creative mind? Learn about architectural technology.
The course will help you understand the roles and responsibilities of an architectural technologist. You will learn about digital construction so that you can offer design services and manage projects from inception to completion.
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- Develop a thorough understanding of your profession and the wider built environment and be ready to progress to become a Chartered Architectural Technologist.
- There is a strong focus on developing your individual employability and lifelong learning skills. You will be ready to apply them to your professional role of Architectural Technology as define by the CIAT.
- Learn to work with other professionals in the built environment who are involved with the design, construction and operation of buildings.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- Successful graduates will have an increased ability and skill set within the sector, and enhance a company’s reputation with external consumers, through investing in their own workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to develop your business and the leaders of tomorrow, while creating a more motivated and productive workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to succession plan, enabling specific skill sets to be retained within your business.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page