Winter & Summer Schools
The UCLan Winter and Summer Schools are in Preston, Lancashire, in North West England. They are an active English language learning programme.
Why study with us
- Themed classes to improve your language skills in an exciting way.
- Interactive and inclusive environment include midweek trips and activities.
- Learn English in a university in North West England, with full access to facilities.
Level: Short course
Delivery: On campus
Study Mode: Full-time
Duration: 1-8 weeks of study
Start Dates: January – February (Winter School), July –August (Summer School)
- Join any Monday between selected dates
- 1-week minimum stay
- 17 hours classroom contact
- Choose your own study with a choice of themed study weeks
- Include midweek social programme
- Full access to UCLan learning, support and leisure facilities
Our English language Winter and Summer Schools in Preston have themed classes. See the table below for an example of themes at past Winter and Summer Schools.
The level of English required for each theme is in brackets (eg, B1, B2)
Science, media and innovation
- Manchester's science heritage
- Media in the UK
- The first computer
- Science and the environment
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page