Our post-qualifying framework (PQF) allows health and social care practitioners to continue their professional development and achieve further qualifications in their field.
Undertaking this module you will be exploring how cultures can affect beliefs and behaviours including beliefs and behaviours that relate to how care is provided. You will be examining cultural aspects of nursing from a global and transcultural perspective. Themes within the module are:
- Cultural awareness; exploring cultural identity, power and influence, ethical concerns and self-awareness.
- Cultural knowledge; exploring religious, spiritual and cultural practices of ethnic communities, cultural identity, sociology of culture and race.
- Cultural sensitivity; professional behaviours, diversity, inclusion, cultural needs and resources and cultural communication.
- Cultural competence; including globalization, workforce and multicultural policies, human rights, personal and professional development, cultural competence models and theories.
- Transcultural health; taking into account issues relating to global development and its impact on health care practice, needs of the transcultural community.
Level: Short Course, CPD
Delivery: Mixed Mode
Study Mode: Part time
Duration: 10 weeks
Module code: NU3365 (L6), NU4068 (L7)
Start Date: The next start date of this programme is to be confirmed shortly.
Students must be working in a clinical area relevant to the module content.