The aim of these workshops is to offer health professionals knowledge and skills on physical examination of the gastro-intestinal or respiratory system.
This workshop will comprise of three parts: an introduction to respiratory or gastro-intestinal signs and symptoms; a demonstration of a respiratory or abdominal physical examination; and the opportunity for supervised practice of demonstrated skills.
Who should attend?
- Practitioners working in acute, primary or community settings are interested in advancing their role. Especially those caring for patients with respiratory and/or gastro-intestinal needs
- Practitioners interested in a foundation for the Nurse Practitioner degree or Advanced Practice masters or ahead of the Non-Medical Prescribing programmes
- Practitioners wanting an update on existing skills
On completion of the workshop(s) all participants should be able to:
- Offer a sound understanding of the anatomy of the gastro-intestinal system or the respiratory system
- Have a working knowledge of undertaking taking a physical gastro-intestinal or physical respiratory examination
Level: Short Course, CPD
Duration: Half day workshop
Start Date: Start dates are varied
This workshop has been developed for health care professionals working at an advanced level or towards an advanced level of practice.
Maximum number of participants: 20