This module examines the care of people with cancer, and their carers, across the illness trajectory. It's delivered using a blended learning approach and sessions are both face-to-face and online.
Level: 6 and 7
Study Mode: Part-time
Duration: 13 weeks
Start Date: 25 September 2023
This module can be studied at Level 6 (BSc) or Level 7 (MSc) as part of a programme of study or standalone.
Key themes addressed in the module are:
- epidemiology and disease processes
- prevention and early detection
- major treatment options and decision-making
- the management of some specific cancers
- management of symptoms and side-effects
- person-focused issues