The Certificate in Health Informatics is a distance learning course, available via eLearning and is recognised as contributing to UK Council for Health Informatics Professions (UKCHIP) continuing professional development.
The course consists of one module HI4001 Information and IT Concepts.
- To enable students to gain knowledge of the role of informatics across the care domain and to be able to apply it to local work-based situations.
- To enable students to develop a critical understanding of current issues in health informatics from operational, management and service provider perspectives and to be able to apply appropriate problem-solving strategies to opportunities and challenges that they may face.
- To facilitate students' understanding of information use in their own organisations and work areas, and encourage them to evaluate, to critically appraise situations and take actions to innovate and improve local situations.
- To enable students to develop their personal and professional interest in the deployment of informatics in the care domain for delivery and management purposes.
- To provide a learning experience that is underpinned by the previous personal vocational activities of each student and enables the integration of theory and practice.
Level: Short Course, CPD
Delivery: Online and distance learning
Study Mode: Part time
Duration: One semester
Start Date: September or January
Applications are welcome from individuals with limited educational experience but who have relevant work / life experience. The course will be of interest to those who have the intention of further developing their careers and can demonstrate the ability to cope with and benefit from study at this level.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page