Emergency Medicine Point of Care Ultrasound
Gain practical skills on this Emergency Medicine Point of Care Ultrasound course for health professionals. On this three-day course, you'll learn the principles of emergency medicine ultrasound.
Why study with us
- Expert trainers will explain important concepts of ultrasound image formation and recognition of common artefacts. You'll be shown how to use ultrasound system controls properly to influence image quality.
- This course meets the 2021 Royal College of Emergency Medicine PoCUS syllabus objective; empowering trainees to gain, maintain, and progress in PoCUS competencies.
- Practical hands-on training with dedicated phantom models.
Study mode: Full-time over three consecutive days
Duration: 3 days
Start date: Monday 22 May 2023
PoCUS examination techniques include:
- Focussed assessment for free fluid (FAFF)/Focussed assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST) – abdominal and thoracic
- Focussed assessment for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Echo in life support
- Ultrasound-guided IV access
You'll learn using tissue-mimicking phantoms and mid to high-specification ultrasound equipment.
This course is based in the School of Medicine located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page