Astrobiology is one of the newest and most dynamic scientific disciplines, and this Certificate is your chance to gain an understanding of the ongoing discoveries in the subject.
Outcomes, Teaching, Learning and Assessment Methods
This module aims to:
- Provide an introduction to astrobiology, including basic chemistry and biology, suitable for people with little prior knowledge of the subject.
- Provide an understanding of scientific laws and concepts as applied to the universe and Astrobiology.
- Provide an introduction to aspects of observational or laboratory science
- Develop elementary problem solving skills
- Provide the opportunity to develop skills and techniques used in astrobiology (astrophysics, biology and chemistry), which have wider application (these include data analysis, preparation of scientific reports.
- Enhance the student’s key skills (communication, numerical skills, IT, time-management).
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page