Stay connected with us no matter where you are! Use our social media directory to keep up-to-date with our latest news and events. Like us, follow us or watch us to get the latest updates from the University.
UCLanForensics Competition – Terms and Conditions
Win one of the following prizes:
1st place £25 Amazon voucher 2nd place £10 Amazon voucher
- For the avoidance of any doubt, the promoter of this competition is the University of Central
Lancashire, Preston, PR1 2HE (“UCLan”).
- The competition is open to offer holders from BSc (Hons) Forensic Science, BSc (Hons) Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation, MSci Forensic Science and Chemical Analysis, and MSci Forensic Science and Molecular Biology.
- Parties directly connected to the running of the competition (such as UCLan staff/affiliates/agents) are prohibited from entering the
- In order to enter the competition, you must post a photo to Instagram or the 2021 UCLan - Forensic Science Facebook Community Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/833999160511945) wearing the crime scene suit that has been sent to you in the post including the hashtag #UCLanForensics and tag @uclanuni on
- No purchase is required in order to enter the
- Entrants into this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions upon
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person or joint submissions will not be
- We accept no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical reason or any other
- The competition opens on Monday 07 June 2021 at 09.00 am and closes on Monday 21 June 2021 at 17.00 pm BST. Any entries received outside of this period will not be
- Two winners of the competition will be chosen of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed on Tuesday 22nd June 2021 by a UCLan member of staff external to the School of Natural
- The winners will receive one of the following prizes:
-1st place £25 Amazon voucher -2nd place £10 Amazon voucher
- UCLan reserves the right to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit of the Competition.
- The winners will be notified no later than Friday 25 June 2021, through the social media account used to enter the competition. The winners must then provide us with a postal or email address in order to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 28 days of being notified of their win, then the winner’s prize shall be forfeited and we shall be entitled to select a new winner in accordance with the process set out above (such new winner shall also be subject to the obligations set out in this condition).
- If a winner rejects the prize or their entry is found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions, their prize shall be forfeited and we shall be entitled to select a new
- We accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prizes that are not specifically and expressly included in the
- The prize winners will receive their prizes either by post or email after the relevant details have been passed to
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferrable and a cash alternative is not
- We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value if the original prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
- We may contact the winners through their social media account about participating in publicity related to the This may involve the publication of their names and photographs on the UCLan website and in any other media selected by UCLan.
- We will process any personal information you submit to us in compliance with data protection legislation. Any personal data you provide will be used for the purposes of administering the competition, publishing entries, notifying you if you win and for any publicity purposes involving competition winners, as set out in these terms and conditions. This may involve publishing information on the University website or on social media which means it will be available to the public, worldwide. We may also need to share some personal data with third parties to arrange prizes. We will use your information to contact you if you win. We will not use your contact details for marketing purposes and will not sell your details to third parties for marketing purposes. For further information about how the University uses personal data, please see the student privacy notice on our website.
- We shall only keep your personal information for a period of 60 days after the closing date of the competition, and only for the purposes set out in these Terms and
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize, except where it is caused by our negligence. We further disclaim our liability, to the maximum extent permitted by law, for any injury or damage caused to your or any other person’ computer relating to or resulting from participating in the competition. Your statutory rights are not
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude our liability for death, personal injury, fraud or any other liability we cannot exclude by
- This competition is in no way endorsed, sponsored, administered by or otherwise associated with Instagram or any other social media platforms that we may promote the competition on including Twitter and Facebook. You are providing your competition entry to UCLan and not any other
- UCLan does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition
- By entering, you agree that UCLan may make your competition entry available on its website and in any other media selected by UCLan in connection with any publicity relating to the competition. You also agree to grant UCLan a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence to all intellectual property rights in your competition entry for the purposes of the competition and any other purpose UCLan may see
- We reserve the right from time to time to modify or discontinue this competition with or without prior notice where in our reasonable opinion it becomes reasonably Our decisions on all matters under our control are final and binding and no correspondence or negotiation will be entered into regarding a decision of ours.
- We shall not be liable for any failure to comply with our obligations where that failure is caused by something outside our reasonable control, with the exception of the failure of our suppliers in providing the prize.
- This competition shall be governed by English law and the entrants to the competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.